Monday, March 1, 2010

Trajan


by Wilson Johnson




Trajan Autobiography



I, Marcus Ulpuis Nerva Trainus, commonly known as Trajan, was born on September 18, 53 AD. I was born into a non-patrician family in the province of Hispania Baetica, today known as Spain. I seized power and respect from the public while Domitian was emperor. I was the general in the Roman army but I was succeeded by Marcus Cocceuis Nerva on September 18, 96 AD. I was adopted as ehir to Nerva by the Praetorian Guard. Nerva died on January 27, 98 AD, and I took over. I am best known for my building program in Rome, making it bigger and more elegant with art. I reshaped the city of Rome. I made the Trajan’s Forum in 100 AD. They type of structure is known as the imperial fora. My forum is located on the Quirinal and Capitoline hills. Many excavations were made for escape routes for military officers in case of troubled times. My forum was also built from a stoa-lines piazza that measures 660 by 390 feetl. There were two exedrae on each side, and there were also libraries> I also made a market known as Trajan’s market. My market is consisted of complex ruins within Rome found on the Via dei Fori Imperiali. This was on the opposite side of the Colosseum. I built this around 100-110 AD. ON the bottom floor were markets and places to sell items which also had two extensively big hallways. These hallways were used for parties and concerst put on. On the top story there were offices and rooms used by people that had military positions. I also made a Column for myself and my wife for when we died. My column is located near the Quirinal Hill which is north of the Roman Forum. My column was completed in 113 AD. My column is 125 feet in height, which contains a staircase with 185 stairs within the column leading up to the top with my statue. Both my wife’s ashes and my ashes are buried under this huge column of mine. I was big on extending the Roman empire and activities related to buildings. My adopted heir was Hadrian, who is best known for his enormous pleasure palace. I did not die from an assassin, nor did I kill myself. I died of a stork while I was trying to spread out the Roman empire. My health collapsed so suddenly. I died on August 8, 117 AD. I died a well successful emperor.

No comments:

Post a Comment